Prev: Weapon Variants for SGII Next: Re: A couple of Questions about Dirtside II

Re: A couple of Questions about Dirtside II

From: kx.henderson@q... (Kelvin)
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 23:04:41 -0400
Subject: Re: A couple of Questions about Dirtside II

>> > 1. What is the effect when a Firer System Hit chit is drawn during
an
>> > artillery barrage?
>> >
>> > A: The barrage is a complete failure
>> > B: The target vehical is immune from dammage?
>>
>> I'd go (C), the barrage does not affect that target and no more
targets
>> in the AoE are drawn for; the arty unit's systems are out, subject to
>> the standard Firer Systems Out chit effects.
>>

>This is savage! Given that atillery is a multi unit thing, as well as
>multi shot (art damaga values also represent *speed* of firing), it
>makes that 1 chit the most feared in the whole pile!
>
>It happened to me twice!!!! On the first target!!!!

The way we played was as follows:

In a unit of say, 3 tanks each fires individually.  Each applies its
damage
individually and thus each will go systems down if they are all unlucky
enough to draw the chit on firing.  It is more likely that only one will
lose is systems though.

Artillery all fire as one, but still they are seperate units with
seperate
firing systems.  It came up and we deemed the fair thing to do was to
lose
ONE of the firing elements and thus discount its firepower from then on.
 It
then makes the Firer-Systems Down result less drastic on the Artillery.

-Kelvin.....

   "I'm very angry now.  I may even be tingling."
		     -The Tick
	 email:  kx.henderson@qut.edu.au

Prev: Weapon Variants for SGII Next: Re: A couple of Questions about Dirtside II