Prev: Re: Campaign Economics--Real Deal Next: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

From: M Hodgson <mkh100@y...>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 08:53:40 -0400
Subject: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

>   I think what no one's really though of is that if your attacking
> forces get to your base, you're already in pretty deep trouble.  The
> sandcaster issue seems only to be an extension of the modern
> superiority of offensive weaponry.  Saying bases are helpless against
> sandcasters is not so different from saying "Chicago is helpless
> against nuclear weapons" - which is true but even in a (limited) war
> most windy citizens would not feel themselves to be under particular
> threat.  Why?  Because the bombers that could fly a nuke over Michigan
> Ave would be intercepted long before they got in range.

You HOPE :)
    ^^^^

> So why not
> just presume the same for FT?  At worst one could make the sandcaster
> a large weapon so the ships carrying it could be recognized and
> destroyed early on but this is just PSB to make a campaign more
> playable.

So I'd like the equivalent of a sub.... A cloaked ship that just nips
right by.  Again because the station is either considered stationary, or
at least moves predictably, I should have no trouble getting there...

Seriously I think large bases will not be about in the future, or would
be
sitting ducks if they were.  A nicer way round it is to make it illegal
shoot at large centers of civilian population, and have severe political
reprocussions if you do.... Of course then we're onto the campain issue
again.

-Entropy

Prev: Re: Campaign Economics--Real Deal Next: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII