Prev: RE: Re :FT Mailing List Next: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

Re: Campaign Economics--Real Deal

From: Marshall Grover <mgrover@m...>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 06:46:45 -0400
Subject: Re: Campaign Economics--Real Deal

At 09:48 PM 5/5/97 -0700, you wrote:
>If you want a little fact to dispute the 95% then note that since 1992
>Russian military spending has only declined about 45% (now at about 85
>billion). If it were at 95% GNP than it would STILL be at about 55%
GNP. We
>know that's not true. Of course I guess it's possible for a VERY short
>period Russian spending went sky high but I doubt even that. An
economic
>move of that magnatiude could not have been hidden.

Also If it was 95% of GNP, how could they feed themselves and produce
any
sort of consumer goods? if you combine pure military production and
civil
production with a military application (trucks batteries Aeroflot etc)
you
could get a high percentage of GNP, but 95%?

Marshall
 Marshall Grover

"A Jedi's greatest enemy is himself." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Prev: RE: Re :FT Mailing List Next: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII