Prev: [OFFICIAL] Fighters in Vector Thrust Next: Re: Sensor Rules

Severed Dreams Redux

From: "<Mark Andrew Siefert>" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 10:14:25 -0500
Subject: Severed Dreams Redux

Alrighty Thrusters:
	Last week I was able to try out my B5 Rules in a REAL gaming
situation.  I played a "historical" scenario that relived the the
infamous Battle at Epsilon 3 from "Severd Dreams."  The Rebels had two
Omegas and B5, while the loyalists had 2 Omegas, 2 Roosevelts, and 6
boarding pods.	(I used Jerry Han's stats for B5 and the boarding pods
with a few modifications.)  When the smoke cleared, only one ship was
left standing:	Babylon 5.  Everything else (excluding Rebel Fighters)
got wiped out.	Here's how everthing went down for each side.
	Rebels: B5 didn't get all that much action at first.  Her
fighters helped take out most of the Loyalist's fighters and boarding
pods.  Any ship that got close (like the Olympic in the final turn) got
shreded when they got into B5 pluse cannon range.  The Alexander got
vapped by turn 4 while the Churchill just sat there and did nothing (see

around turn 7.	The Chruchill got turn to space debris by turn 9.
	Loyalists.  No loyalist boarding pod ever saw B5.  They were all

wiped out by turn 7.  The Omages and Roosevelts toar down the table at
around speed 8 with the pods close behind.  Although THE DICE (it's like

THE FORCE only it applys to d6s) was with the Capital ships, they
weren't
with the fighters.  They got totaled by the furies and thunderbolts from

B5 and the Rebel Omegas.  However, The Agrippa, the Roanoke, and the
Olmypic were detstoyed by a combo of the crippled Chrurchill, B5 and the

fighters.  The Nimrod, jump out at the last turn, ending the game.

Observations:
	I think may have made the ships too fragile.  I am thinking
about
dropping my "30% for damage points" rules in favor of the normal rules.

	Interceptors in anti-fighter mode were a little too weak.  The
big ships were unable to take out the fighters that were harassing the
boarding pods.	I am probably going to use ADAF for interceptors rather
than PDAF.

	Other than that everything went well, everyone seemed impressed
by my rules and they had a real good time.  I am planning on a
Narn-Centari War scenario eventually, that should prove interesting ;-).

Later,
Mark A. Siefert

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: [OFFICIAL] Fighters in Vector Thrust Next: Re: Sensor Rules