Prev: Re: FW: Capital Ships in Campeign Games Next: Severed Dreams Redux

[OFFICIAL] Fighters in Vector Thrust

From: Joachim Heck - SunSoft <jheck@E...>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 10:06:32 -0500
Subject: [OFFICIAL] Fighters in Vector Thrust

Ground Zero Games writes:

@:) OK chaps, its late on Friday evening and I've just had an idea, so
@:) I thought I'd throw it out to you all now so that you can cogitate
@:) on it (I think I'm allowed to say that...).

@:) [ fighter movement rule deleted ]

  I think this would work BUT I'm not convinced that keeping track of
vector movement information for fighters would be that bad, either.  I
would think that a normal carrier fleet (with escort, of course)
would carry as many fighter squadrons as ships, more or less.  So a
full-sized carrier should come in with five escorts or so.  This means
you can generally expect fighters to double the vector paperwork of
their associated ships.  I don't think that's too terrible, really
(fighters already add complexity and slow the game down, so that'll be
nothing new).

  Missiles offer the possibility of really bogging things down.  But
only if there are a lot of them.

-joachim

Prev: Re: FW: Capital Ships in Campeign Games Next: Severed Dreams Redux