Prev: RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games Next: RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games

RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games

From: Win Baker <WinB@D...>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 09:39:22 -0500
Subject: RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games

Interesting point. There are certainly games that would benefit from %
restrictions preventing all-powerful forces (I won't mention any names,
WH**K). Suggestions for Battle Group composition would be a good idea,
perhaps with some examples of 1500-point fleets. (And if you leave off
the "of course, these are only suggestions," maybe people would adhere
to them). Then again, maybe not.

*Requiring* that certain ships have escorts (because, well, thats just
the way its done) is another option. Say, each cap ship is required to
have two escorts.

For campaign games, replenishment ships should be mandatory. Modern
Battle Groups always have them floating around. A Captain should have
someone else to look after besides his own ship.

Just a few thoughts

Win Barker
Imagineer
Solutions onQue