Prev: RE: Descriptive design system idea Next: Re: ship bases

Re: Simultaneous moves/fire

From: rpaul@w... (Robin Paul)
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 12:53:44 -0500
Subject: Re: Simultaneous moves/fire

SNIP
>The game is much faster with simultaneous firing. In a big, important
>game that's part of a campaign, we're careful to declare all fire
before
>rolling the dice, but in an evening pick-up game we usually use the
honor
>system.
>
>Rick Rutherford       rickr@digex.net	     The above opinions are
mine.

Another notion from the past- I think it was the Fletcher Pratt (or was
it
the Fred Jane?) Naval rules that had "firing arrows" placed next to each
ship pointing at their target, prior to resolving the effects of fire.
With
a little preparation, an analagous indicators could be made for FT.
Perhaps
a piece of transparent plastic with a couple of beam lines or missile
launches on it?  A ship could lay 1 such indicator per Firecon.

cheers,
Rob Paul

Rob Paul
NERC Institute of Virology
Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3SR	  Tel. (01865) 512361
rpaul@worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk
  "Once again, villainy is rotting meat before the maggots of justice!"

Prev: RE: Descriptive design system idea Next: Re: ship bases