Prev: Re: Simultaneous moves/fire Next: RE: ship bases

Re: ship bases

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 13:00:23 -0500
Subject: Re: ship bases

Andy Skinner wrote:
>Anyway, I was wondering what people do with bases for ships.
>Do you glue your ships to them?  How often do you have a base
>for a ship that fits snugly enough to put it on and take it
>off easily?

I've seen a friend use brass tubing mounted inside the mini which easily
connected to the brass rods on a base.	The tubing and brass rods were
of
very close tolerance to permit this with a somewhat snug fit.
Personally, I
just prefer to glue the little suckers to the base.  If you have fewer
bases
than ships this is a problem, unless you can make or buy more bases.
Fortunately I have plenty of bases to keep me busy for a while.

>that have become ships.  But the various things I have for bases
>don't necessarily fit into the holes on the bottom of ships
>very well.

Time to start drilling.  No one base will fit all ships.  Try to find a
base
you like and either use different shafts for the base to match the ship
or
just drill the mini's mounting hole a bit larger to accomodate it.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Simultaneous moves/fire Next: RE: ship bases