Prev: Re: DSII : Infantry mini's Next: Re: DSII : Infantry mini's

Re: Ion Cannons

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 16:11:20 -0500
Subject: Re: Ion Cannons

Dean Gundberg wrote:
>>Seems like it would be easier to just roll as per the EMP missile rule
with
>>one threshold roll.
>
> But then there would be no difference between a light hit from a
single
> ion cannon and hard hits from multiple cannons.  I wanted to vary the
> maximum number of systems damaged by the intensity of the hit or hits
from
> the same ship.  I don't want a single roll of 4 for 1 hit of damage on
an
> undamaged capital ship to cause threshold rolls that gut the ship.

Try using a 5 or 6 instead to limit the chance.  Maybe use a different
minimum threshold per Ion cannon type.

Example:

Level-1 : Rolling threshold on a 6 damages system.
Level-2 : Rolling threshold on 5 or 6 damages system.
Level-3 : Rolling threshold on 4, 5, or 6 damages system.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: DSII : Infantry mini's Next: Re: DSII : Infantry mini's