Prev: Re: Dirtside II rules question Next: Re: Wing Commander for FT?

Re: Wing Commander for FT?

From: Chun-Kai Wang <cwang@d...>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 22:50:16 -0500
Subject: Re: Wing Commander for FT?

>	  I've considered trying to convert Wing Commander ships over
for FT
> use but got stuck when trying to establish a scale for converting Wing
> Commander tonnages to FT mass. The Wing Commander ships kinda jump all
over
> the place as far as tonnage IIRC. If you know where I can get reliable
data
> on the all the ships from the various WC games, I might give it
another
> shot. Another problem would be whether or not to try to replicate all
those
> different weapons or just rank them as batteries.
>
>	  James

	My only concern so far for Wing Commander conversion is Wing
Commander
is a fighter based game, the fighters may need be consider as small
ships
instead of under current rule of fighters. (Then again, I don't have
More
Thrust, so I cannot tell the rule there will help or not.) For example:
Broadswords, and Avengers maybe consider a 5 ton ship? I don't think
shield rule
need be rewritten since it's pretty close to how the Wing Commander set
it up.

	I may just go to buy the Wing Commander trillogy so I can go
back and
count
the number of guns on those big capital ship.. :)

	Kevin

Prev: Re: Dirtside II rules question Next: Re: Wing Commander for FT?