Prev: Re: Dirtside II rules question Next: Re: Wing Commander for FT?

Re: Dirtside II rules question

From: Alexander Williams <thantos@a...>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 18:26:33 -0500
Subject: Re: Dirtside II rules question

Chen-Song Qin wrote:
> Which web page is that?  Can you give me the URL?

Sure can.

http://www.engr.trinity.edu/~mlangsdo/RPGs/DS2/

> Yea, that's another thing.  I really hope someone can come up with
rules
> for shields for DSII.

Well, if you want a naiive conversion:

Renegade Legion-like Grav Shielding:

Shields cause most weapons to either be absorbed, deflected or go astray
when targeting a shielded vehicle.  HKPs, HVCs, and SLAM packs ignore
shields either because their projectiles are too large to be affected
(HKP, HVC) or are `dumb' warheads (SLAM packs).  If a shielded vehicle
is hit by a weapon affected by its protection, roll a d10.  On a 1 the
attack penetrates during the `flicker off' period, otherwise the shot
has no effect.

To counter the effect of the shield the vehicle carrying them must be
`painted,' ie a infantry squad or vehicle with an `artillery spotter'
must make a successful HEL-like (all ranges are treated as `close') test
versus the target.  If its successful all attacks up to /the next
activation of the target vehicle/ ignore the effects of shields.  If the
painting test fails, there is no effect save the wasting of an action
for the firing vehicle/infantry.  /This test may be reattempted in the
same activation./

Grav Shields cost 250% of the BRP.  There is no change in the cost of an
artillery spotting unit (50pts, IIRC).

--
   Alexander Williams {thantos@alf.dec.com / zander@photobooks.com}
  Prefect of the 8,000,000th Terran Overlord Government Experimental

Prev: Re: Dirtside II rules question Next: Re: Wing Commander for FT?