Prev: Re: Dirtside II rules question Next: Re: Dirtside II rules question

Re: Dirtside II rules question

From: Chen-Song Qin <cqin@e...>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 15:37:33 -0500
Subject: Re: Dirtside II rules question

On Thu, 26 Dec 1996, JAMES BUTLER wrote:

> >Still, like you, I like the detailed TO&E they give
> >you for RL.	The TOG side uses what is apparently a battle-group type
> >organization for its Strike Legions.
> >
>	  What do you mean by a battle-group type organization, that TOG
> organizes its ground forces in a manner similar to naval ones?

The TOG Strike Legions (read armored divisions) are composed of a number
(~10) of cohorts (read battalions), with the primary cohort being the
largest and most powerful, per Roman tradition.  These cohorts are put
together, along with support elements into tailor-made Manuses (Manii?)
for each specific mission.  This Manus organization is similar to the
kampfgruppe, or battle-group organization used in many modern (and WWII
German) mechanized forces.

						Chen-song

Prev: Re: Dirtside II rules question Next: Re: Dirtside II rules question