Prev: RE: FT3, details of needed changes Next: RE: FT3?

RE: FT3?

From: davisje@a... (Jonathan Davis)
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 06:56:32 -0400
Subject: RE: FT3?

> >House rules that my group discussed over the weekend included:
> >
> > - Submunition packs can be used against fighters and missiles.
>
>	  How would you implement this? Would you simply allow it with
no
> further changes or would you make submunitions packs cost more for
this
> extra ability or would you implement specialized "anti-fighter" sub
packs?

It would expand the role of submunition packs to allow them to engage
fighters within the single arc of fire for the pack.  They still would
be
marked as expended once used, but it adds a beefy point defense
capability.
The same dice vs range table could be used.

In a similar fashion, you could use sub packs against missiles. Same
number
of dice vs range.  6 to kill as for all hits against missiles.

I still think it's more advantageous to use sub packs against capital
ships
and heavily shielded cruisers but these rules would allow for fleet
point
defense capabilities.

Jon Davis
davisje@crd.ge.com

Prev: RE: FT3, details of needed changes Next: RE: FT3?