Prev: Re: More ideas on B5 Next: Re: More ideas on B5

Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

From: Jerry Han <jerry@u...>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 11:16:40 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

What in the name of Uncle Marvin is that?? wrote:
> >We have been experimenting with a fighter submunition pack for Full
> >Thrust:SW to simulate proton torps. It works as such:
> >
> >Range:12"
> >Damage:roll 2d6 0-6", 1d6 6-12"
>
> Per fighter?? Yuck!!
>
> "Sir, the scanners indicate a squadron of Imperial fighters loaded
with
> proton torpedoes are heading this way. The odds of us surviving even a
> partial attack are--"
>
> "Never tell me the od--"
>
> *boom*
>
> >		 Damages as per Submunition Pack in FT.
> >		 If a squad launches a proton torp attack, it is done
> >		 for the turn.
> >Cost: 10 to fit a squadron (maybe a bit low, they tend to shred big
> >ships VERY fast..)
> >
> >Let me know what you think.
>
> Yuuuuck...<shudder>. Fighters are already purty nasty on ships to
begin with.

I have to agree with this... 10 points is pretty low for that amount of
damage.  I am assuming that the damage is for the squadron as a whole,
and
not per fighter... 6 x 2d6 blows down SDNs!  Hmmm.  Maybe make it for
the
squadron as a whole, and subtract one damage for each fighter that has
been
destroyed.

Otherwise, the rebel alliance should have won the war a LONG time ago.
("My God!  That's the Death Star!"  "No prob, fire proton torpedoes!"
(8-) )

>Maybe if you changed the odds of *DAF intercepting targets it would
balance out
> (I've been toying with just up-ing the odds of a *DAF intercepting
things at
> all and it's seemed to balance out how nyaassty missiles can be)

I guess the problem is that you can only do so many different
combinations
of d6.	(d6 flambe, d6 a la monde, d6 with cream sauce, etc.  (8-) )

J.

--
     Jerry Han - Network Engineering - UUNET Canada, Toronto, ON, Canada
	http://www.uunet.ca/~jerry -  email:jerry@uunet.ca - TBFTGOGGI

Prev: Re: More ideas on B5 Next: Re: More ideas on B5