Prev: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust Next: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

Re: More ideas on B5

From: What in the name of Uncle Marvin is that?? <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 11:13:57 -0400
Subject: Re: More ideas on B5

>--(Shields are totaled, fractions rounded down, max 3)
>--PDAF. Normal rules OR 0.5 shields 360
>--ADAF. Normal rules OR 1 shields 360 OR 1 die vs ships within 6"
>--C.	 Normal rules OR 0.5 shields in specific arc OR anti fighter
>				     (needs a 5 or 6 to kill 1 fighter)
>--B.	 Normal rules OR 0.5 shields in specific arc
>--A.	 Normal rules OR 0.5 shields in specific arc
>
>You lost me here as I am not familiar with this convention - what
'Normal Rules'
>are applied. What do the  0.5 - 1  shields mean?.  Shields are totaled
in
>respect to what?

Adam's taken and extrapolated on some B5 rules I came up with a while
back. In
'Normal rules' mode he means the system operates exactly as described in
Full
Thrust/More Thrust. Said system then has the option of switching to what
is
called 'intercept' or 'anti-fire' mode. At first only *DAF systems could
do
this, but Adam's extrapolated to include the possibility of
A/B/C-batteries,
too (which actually makes a little sense to me for C-batts; not so sure
about
the bigger batts). Basically the '0.5 Shield' means you need 2 of a
particular
system (eg, 2 PDAFs) operating in 'intercept' mode to emmulate 1 level
of
shielding. By 'max of 3' he means max of 3 levels of shielding are
allowed.

Adam's also extrapolated on the capabilities of the ADAF system.
Interesting...

>Are there examples in B5 where something manages to intercept a BREW.
AFAIR they
>are pretty much un-stoppable. I think the saving rolls are too
generous.

I'm not sure about BREW being interceptable, either, BUT...it may be
that Adam
has seen something most of us haven't seen yet from the end of season 3
and
accidently in his enthusiasm came up with this idea. Then again maybe he
was
just taking his thoughts on an extrapolated course.  ;-)

>3d6 could do as little as 3 points damage at 6 m.u.- I assume that
counts as a
>near miss? What about more d6 damage linked to range? What is max BREW
range?

We have seen BREWs miss. 3d6 seems to allow them to hit pretty often.
;-)
But I haven't sat down and gone over Adam's proposed ideas in detail
yet,
so I might have missed something to allow for them to miss.

Mk
-
All that is gold does not glitter,
     all those who wander are not lost.

http://scivax.stsci.edu/~kochte/indy.html

Prev: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust Next: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust