Prev: Re: Murphy's Laws of Combat Next: Re: More ideas on B5

Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

From: What in the name of Uncle Marvin is that?? <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 11:02:35 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

>We have been experimenting with a fighter submunition pack for Full
>Thrust:SW to simulate proton torps. It works as such:
>
>Range:12"
>Damage:roll 2d6 0-6", 1d6 6-12"

Per fighter?? Yuck!!

"Sir, the scanners indicate a squadron of Imperial fighters loaded with
proton torpedoes are heading this way. The odds of us surviving even a
partial attack are--"

"Never tell me the od--"

*boom*

>	       Damages as per Submunition Pack in FT.
>	       If a squad launches a proton torp attack, it is done
>	       for the turn.
>Cost: 10 to fit a squadron (maybe a bit low, they tend to shred big
>ships VERY fast..)
>
>Let me know what you think.

Yuuuuck...<shudder>. Fighters are already purty nasty on ships to begin
with.
Maybe if you changed the odds of *DAF intercepting targets it would
balance out
(I've been toying with just up-ing the odds of a *DAF intercepting
things at
all and it's seemed to balance out how nyaassty missiles can be)

Mk
-
All that is gold does not glitter,
     all those who wander are not lost.

http://scivax.stsci.edu/~kochte/indy.html

Prev: Re: Murphy's Laws of Combat Next: Re: More ideas on B5