Prev: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust Next: Re: Murphy's Laws of Combat

Re: More ideas on B5

From: What in the name of Uncle Marvin is that?? <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 11:37:26 -0400
Subject: Re: More ideas on B5

>>Are there examples in B5 where something manages to intercept a BREW.
>>AFAIR they are pretty much un-stoppable. I think the saving rolls are
>>too generous.
>
>No, no example, except a fighter defending the Agamemnon.

And I was taking this as being one of those incidents where he was in
the wrong place at the wrong time. The 'shit happens' routine that JMS
likes to throw out there now and again.

>Not that although
>we havn't SEEN incidents where defence makes a difference, we have
>HEARD command crews talking about using them. The Agamemnon destroyed
>the Clarkstown because it's interceptors were out (which converts to
>interceptors CAN block BREWs) and had to get to point blank on the
>Rowanoak to get in a shot despite the fact that we KNOW BREWs have
>an absurdly long range. I presume that this was because the Rowanoak
>had interceptors on line. From what I can gather, the huge energy drain
>means that, if the enemy will intercept the BREW, the attacker does
>not fire, so as to conserve energy for when they can punch through.

While I agree with your assessment, it just doesn't...'feel' right to
me that BREWs can be intercepted like the plasma bolts (assuming those
are plasma bolts they're firing, and not rockets as I've heard one
source
claim jms has said they are). This despite what we've heard from the
dialogue. *shrug* Dunno. I'd like to see how JMS would pull that off.
Adam, maybe you'll get something more in one of the upcoming eps? There
is supposed to be a big...er...uhhh...well, there's something coming up
in one of the Final Five eps that I only have basic knowledge on but
can't/won't say anything more.	:-}

Mk
-
All that is gold does not glitter,
     all those who wander are not lost.

http://scivax.stsci.edu/~kochte/indy.html

Prev: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust Next: Re: Murphy's Laws of Combat