Prev: Re: Multifunction fighters Next: Re: Macro Thrust

Re: Multifunction fighters

From: JAMES BUTLER <JAMESBUTLER@w...>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 1996 14:32:35 -0400
Subject: Re: Multifunction fighters

At 04:59 PM 8/18/96 +0000, you wrote:
>Aargh! I knew I forgot something!  As I remembered it, Attack fighters
are
>poor in AF combat, and Torpedo fighters are unarmed apart from the
torpedo
>(that's probably wrong, but let it stand for now).  I'd modify the
table as
>below, and add 1 to the cost of the torpedo system.
>
>Table 1: Anti-fighter effectiveness
>Level			 Effect 			Points
>None	       NO *AF or dogfight rolls 		 -1
>Poor	       as for Attack fighters in MT		  0
>Standard      standard *AF and dogfight rolls		  1
>Interceptor   +1 on*AF or dogfight rolls		  3

	Torpedo planes get the roll on a 6 to kill fighters in a
dogfight,
so there's no need to increase the cost of the torpedo system. (Although
it
wouldn't bother me if you did, those things are nasty!)

>That's an excellently scratch-buildable-looking Battlecruiser in your
sig,
>by the way!
>
>Cheers
>Rob

	Thanks. :)

	I had a couple of ideas for options you could add to your
system.

	Poor ship attack effectiveness (-1 when attacking ships): 1 pt.

	A 2 pt. Anti-fighter effectiveness level: You get EITHER a +1 to
dogfight rolls to represent increased maneuverability only OR a +1 to
attack
rolls at range against fighters only to represent increased long range
guns.

	James
----

		___
	       |[|]|
	       |[|]|
	      /|[|]|\	_______  __	//    //
      _ _   /==|[|]|==\(_______)/  \__[__]__[__]__MMMMMMMMMM\
     [_|_|\%%===[|]====(_______)|  |===================HHHHHH\
     [_|_| %%===[|]====(_______)|  |=X=X=X==X=X=X======HHHHHHH]
     [_|_|/
					    }C=K@
      Main    Bridge/	   Fuel/      Weapons/	   Scanners/
      Drive   Quarters	Jump Drive  Ship's Boats Spinal Mount

	Battlecruiser INTREPID, CORMORANT-class
	Captain James L. Butler III, Commanding
	JAMESBUTLER@worldnet.att.net

Prev: Re: Multifunction fighters Next: Re: Macro Thrust