Prev: More Rules Questions Next: Re: Rules Questions

Re: Mailing List Up?

From: Jerry Han <jerry@u...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 11:19:40 -0400

Adam Delafield wrote:
> In the first instance you can check the archive for new mail. (Some
> of you might want to do this anyway as some E-mail systems insist on
> sending non ascii characters that result in a lot of bounces, so you
> might have missed some posts. Mike Elliot's server is particularly
> bad at this).

A quick note about the archive; because of the way web pages are done on

our site (i.e. they're uploaded to the server every six hours or so),
and
because of the way I'm doing the archiving, messages may take as long as
three
to four days before they're posted to the archive.

Simply, I save the messages as they're sent, and only post the whole
thing to
the mailing list when I have a good chunk of them, a maximum of one
issue a
day.  The bandwidth this list occupies makes this a good compromise
between
keeping an up to date archive, and working on what UUNET pays me for.
(8-)

Thanks,
J.

--
     Jerry Han - Network Engineering - UUNET Canada, Toronto, ON, Canada
	http://www.uunet.ca/~jerry -  email:jerry@uunet.ca - TBFTGOGGI

Prev: More Rules Questions Next: Re: Rules Questions