Prev: Re: FMA... WTF? Next: RE: Space Fleet: Would Like "White Dwarf" Articles....

Re: Missing bits?

From: M.J.Elliott@u...
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 09:52:17 -0400
Subject: Re: Missing bits?

>From:	      Robert Sendler, lowtechàmail.snip.net

>> Just got SGII today and have been going through it and I noticed that
in
>>the vehicle section that no mention was made of APFC or PDS's. Is this

>>intentional to go with the infantry emphasis or did someone forget
>something?

>I noticed that as well, when I was trying to convert my lift cavalry
>unit's vehicles to both DS and SG.  I'm having trouble with that,
because
>of the limit on weapon systems by size in DS.	All of the vehicles had
>some level of GMS, in addition to a turreted weapon, and sometimes an
>extra AP weapon.  None of the vehicles were very large (in Striker
terms,
>anyway).

>There is a new thing added for vehicles - decoys.  They don't cost you
>space, and can distract a GMS with an opposed d8 roll vs Guidance.  You

>can only distract one missle per turn though, so it isn't quite as good
as
>PDS.

Yeah, APFC and PDs probably were forgotten. Either that or they were
omitted because JMT literally ran out of space. Either way I think
John's
suggestions make sense, so AFAIAC these are "approved" additions to plug

the gap. Thanks John.

>I figure for APFC, you could use the rule for the command detonated
mine.
>Use a secondary d8 roll when rolling vs IAVR, and roll a d8 Impact vs
>Armor if infantry come within 6" of the vehicle.

See above. Like it!

>In the various books in the _Hammer's Slammers_ universe, there were
>multiple but limited APFC strips per side of the vehicle.  I can
remember
>text where they spun the blower around to let the strips on the other
side
>of the vehicle fire, because they were expended on the other side.

>I don't have DS2 handy, but was APFC a one-shot item, or was it always
>available?

Yes, APFC will fire whenever an infantry unit comes too close. Of
course,
you can make _your_ APFC one shot if you want to...

>John Phelps

Mike Elliott, GZG.

Prev: Re: FMA... WTF? Next: RE: Space Fleet: Would Like "White Dwarf" Articles....