Prev: Re: SGII Questions and comments Next: Re: Missing bits?

Re: FMA... WTF?

From: M.J.Elliott@u...
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 09:45:31 -0400
Subject: Re: FMA... WTF?

>Stargrunt front cover say it's an "FMA(tm)" system and the back cover
>blurb empahasises this. This term is not explained.
>
>I assume it's "Full Metal Anorak".
>
>So... is this significant?
>
>Mike?
>
>--
>David Brewer

Sorry, for the delay in replying. I was on holiday and then we had mail
server problems....8-(

FMA stands for "Full Metal Anorak", a term coined I believe by Mary
Gentle.
It was originally going to be the title of the low level infantry game
(i.e. lower level than SGII) to be published sometime in the next
year/18
months/decade. However, JMT in his infinite wisdom - and whocan say he
can't? - decided to use it to describe the game mechanics used in the
GZG
family of games (DSII, SGII and others). DSII was effectively the first
in
the FMA series of games. Give a set of game mechanics a name and you can

trade mark 'em.

Mike Elliott

Prev: Re: SGII Questions and comments Next: Re: Missing bits?