Prev: Re: FT Excel Spreadsheets Next: Re: FMA... WTF?

Re: SGII Questions and comments

From: M.J.Elliott@u...
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 06:59:44 -0400
Subject: Re: SGII Questions and comments

---------------------------- Forwarded with Changes
---------------------------
From: Elliott.MJ at BULL-UK03-TITAN
Date: 6/5/96 5:55PM
To:
/DT=RFC-822/DV=FTGZG-Làbolton.ac.uk/C=FR/ADMD=ATLAS/PRMD=BULL/OU=INTERNE
T at X400GTW
-------

resending due to mail server problems

______________________________ Forward Header
__________________________________
Author:  Elliott.MJ at BULL-UK03-TITAN
Date:	 05/06/96 17:55

First of all, apologies for not responding quicker, I have been away on
holiday and then I had work to catch up on... Anyway heres some answers.

>1)   On page 35, the first sentence in the first paragraph under Fire
>Resolution states:

>... the owner of the troops being fired at ("the target").  The
"Target"
>player will roll TWO dice, while the "Firer" will roll two dice ...

>Should the reference to the number of dice rolled
>by the "Target" actually be one?  Earlier in the rules it states that
an
>opposed roll consists of the attacker rolling two or more dice and the
>defender rolling one die.

ERRATA: p35. FIRE RESOLUTION para 1 line 4 should read:
"... "Target" player will roll ONE dice ..." (oops)

>2)  On page 6, under the topic of Die Type Shifts, the rules comment on

>using a Closed shift unless others stipulated in the rules.  It goes on
>list page 38 and the Impact vs. Armor section as being one case where
an
>Open shift is used.  I've read through pages 37 through 39 three times
and
>I cannot find it.  Should this instead apply to page 36 under the
>description of Step 3 of the Fire vs. Dispersed Target section.  This
>wouldseem to make sense, otherwise Powered Armour troops would receive
>less of a benefit while in cover than their lighter armoured counter
>parts.

>For example normally a D12 is used by Heavy Power Armour in defense
from a
>hit by small arms fire. If this person was in soft cover he would
normally
>receive a die shift in his favor, however if this
>roll uses a Closed shift he would receive no benefit for this
particular
>roll.

>What do you all think?  How about Jon or Mike?

ERRATA: p36 SUMMARY OF INFANTRY FIRE PROCEDURE STEP3, delete "No
modifiers
used."
playsheet, ditto

The opposed roll is definitely Closed Shift, cause it doesn't say
otherwise. Thus cover is osf less use to PA troops, which only seems
fair
considering all the armour they cart around as it is.

>Kevin Walker

Mike Elliott

Prev: Re: FT Excel Spreadsheets Next: Re: FMA... WTF?