Prev: Re: Quick question - headgear for the IF troops…? Next: Re: Quick question - headgear for the IF troops…?

Re: Quick question - headgear for the IF troops…?

From: Jon Tuffley <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 19:52:54 +0100
Subject: Re: Quick question - headgear for the IF troops…?

Thanks Jason - yes, as you say, from that link it appears that I'm
looking at simply two different ways of wearing the same piece of
clothing…. so, anyone got any suggestions as to how I should
differentiate the two styles in the figure pack descriptions?!
I'm planning to add more packs of IF in 15mm with the Keffiyeh style
heads (as I've been calling them, that is the loose flowing style
secured with the headband) but also to add some packs wearing it in the
"turban" style, some with face exposed and some with the cloth wrapped
across the face….

Jon (GZG)

On 9 Aug 2017, at 15:39, Jason Weiser <jason.weiser@gmail.com> wrote:

> Both terms seem to be interchangeable.
>
> This might also help: http://www.arabnews.com/fashion/news/769871
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keffiyeh
>
> On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 10:37 AM, Jason Weiser <jason.weiser@gmail.com>
wrote:
> You mean the shermagh?
>
> https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Shemagh-Head-Neck-Scarf/dp/B0079CT8Y6
>

> On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 10:13 AM, Jon Tuffley <jon@gzg.com> wrote:
> Hi all, a quick query to the GZG-ListMind….
>
> This is an odd little question that I've been trying to find the
answer to online, but obviously my Google-Fu is weak today - wondering
if anyone here knows it, or can find it more easily than I can….
> As most of you already know I do versions of the Islamic Federation
troops in both 15mm and 25mm wearing the traditional "Keffiyeh", which
I've always understood to be the name (or maybe just one of the names)
of the classic "chequered teatowel with the headband band round it" (I'm
using this as a purely descriptive term, not with any non-PC meaning to
it!), SAS/LRDG /Lawrence of Arabia style. But what I can't find is a
name for the the longer cloth or scarf worn wound around the head
turban-style, with the ends either over the shoulders or wrapped across
the face as a sand-mask; is it still simply called a Turban, or is there
a better term for it?