Prev: Re: [OT] Highly infectious virus on the loose Next: Quick question - headgear for the IF troops…?

Quick question - headgear for the IF troops…?

From: Jon Tuffley <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 15:13:25 +0100
Subject: Quick question - headgear for the IF troops…?

Hi all, a quick query to the GZG-ListMind….

This is an odd little question that I've been trying to find the answer
to online, but obviously my Google-Fu is weak today - wondering if
anyone here knows it, or can find it more easily than I can….
As most of you already know I do versions of the Islamic Federation
troops in both 15mm and 25mm wearing the traditional "Keffiyeh", which
I've always understood to be the name (or maybe just one of the names)
of the classic "chequered teatowel with the headband band round it" (I'm
using this as a purely descriptive term, not with any non-PC meaning to
it!), SAS/LRDG /Lawrence of Arabia style. But what I can't find is a
name for the the longer cloth or scarf worn wound around the head
turban-style, with the ends either over the shoulders or wrapped across
the face as a sand-mask; is it still simply called a Turban, or is there
a better term for it?

Thanks in advance!

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: [OT] Highly infectious virus on the loose Next: Quick question - headgear for the IF troops…?