Prev: Re: [ft] Fighter Momentum Conservation(was:[OT]UnpredictableAI) Next: RE: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?

RE: [FT]Sensors and Sensibility[LONG]

From: aebrain@a...
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 101 23:27:21 GMT
Subject: RE: [FT]Sensors and Sensibility[LONG]

> I would make an amending suggestion.
> For ships with weapons that have a maximum range greater than 36, the
> identify range is equal to the longest range weapon on board.
>
> Examples:
>  Komorov SDN (Class-4 Beams)
>  Any Sa'Vasku with 8 power points (using 12mu range bands)
>  Any Sa'Vasku with 16 power points (using 9mu range bands)

I'd thought about this. But if you use some examples, you'll find that
any time
a Komarov is up against anything larger than a Frigate, it will ID it
under
normal circumstances quite adequately. And if it's up against 3-mass
scouts
running silent in a nebula, maybe its weapons range *should* exceed it's

ability to ID
them.

This message was sent using the AustarMetro Internet Web Mail System.