Prev: Re: Cannon - What makes something Cannon? Next: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust

Re: Canon

From: aebrain@a...
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 101 02:56:14 GMT
Subject: Re: Canon

> In actuality though, what
> is and isn't canon matters much less for the GZG-verse than in other
game
> systems, as the 'canon' material is provided just as a starting point
for
those
> of us who are too lazy to think up their own backgrounds

Very true. The whole concept of "Canon" just refers to the Tuffleyverse.

There's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't use FT for an EE-Doc
Smith "Galactic Patrol" game, a Rodenberry "Star Trek"-TOS game, see
what
happens when Battlestar Galactica and its Vipers takes on the Empire
with its
TIE-fighters, or whatever you want.

Certain weapons - such as the Nova Cannon, Cloaking devices etc - don't
appear
in the Tuffleyverse as far as we know, but are included specifically as
"genre"
weapons so you can play Space Battleship Yamato or whatever without
having to
figure out new rules.

This message was sent using the AustarMetro Internet Web Mail System.
http://www.austarmetro.com.au/

Prev: Re: Cannon - What makes something Cannon? Next: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust