Prev: Re: OFFICIAL - GZG: Vacuum and zero/low gravity combat…? Next: Re: OFFICIAL - GZG: Vacuum and zero/low gravity combat…?

Re: OFFICIAL - GZG: Vacuum and zero/low gravity combat…?

From: Jon Tuffley <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 13:42:45 +0000
Subject: Re: OFFICIAL - GZG: Vacuum and zero/low gravity combat…?

On 1 Feb 2016, at 13:29, Indy <indy.kochte@gmail.com> wrote:

> No hover vehicles.  ;-)

Hahaha! But relatively easy "flight" with low powered rockets or gas
thrusters, a la 2001 Moonbus……

> Folks should read the "Stark's War" series, which covers combat on the
Moon in really good detail.

Agreed - that, and the Ian Douglas Lunar Marine books….

I'm looking here for thoughts on how to convert that kind of fiction to
the tabletop.

Jon (GZG)

> Mk
>
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 8:19 AM, Jon Tuffley <jon@gzg.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just want to try to get a little bit of discussion started…..
>
> With the great reaction to the first two MOONGRUNT figure packs - and
six new packs almost ready for release - I'd like to gather ideas and
suggestions for ground combat on Luna, Mars or any other environments -
anywhere with either vacuum or a thin and/or hostile atmosphere, and
lower-that-1G gravity (down to zero/microgravity for ship, station or
asteroid attacks). Ideas for rule mods to Stargunt, (or indeed for
GRUNTZ, TOMORROW'S WAR whatever other SF rules you happen to like and
use) or just general discussion of the topics, anything welcome…..