Prev: RE: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: Movement system(s)? was: Re: [FT] Quiet in here, isn't it. Next: Building on Full Thrust Light

Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: Movement system(s)? was: Re: [FT] Quiet in here, isn't it.

From: Jon Tuffley <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 16:32:10 +0100
Subject: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: Movement system(s)? was: Re: [FT] Quiet in here, isn't it.

On 23 Oct 2015, at 13:48, Douglas Evans <devans@nebraska.edu> wrote:

> Thanks, Allen.
>
> Well, any two ships, whether they’re in a large furball or just a
duel. I’d tend to say any outliers are ‘disengaged.’ Start another
round if you wish, but from the viewpoint of re-engaging if a duel.

> If you wish to ‘change the scale’, you can do that with twenty
ships. Parts of the battle may get VERY crowded, but you’re adjusting
things, right?

> Likewise, I have played, long ago, with extra tables. One ships runs
off the edge, chased by another. Or, if you want to have ships jump back
in, fine, but you then are meta-gaming as far as I’m concerned. Like
me saying ‘you come back in everybody’s target.’ I played with,
also long ago, rules of the of ‘you come back in after x turns per how
fast you could turn around and you suffer opponents getting free
shots’ variety.

> Rules should have suggestions, maybe even ‘preferred’ way of
handling, but I like it being yet another place to say ‘it’s YOUR
game.’

> By the way, who said it was too quiet?

It was VERY quiet, then I poked it with a stick…..  ;-)

(Totally off-topic, my favourite Chez Geek card - illustrated by John
Kovalic - is the "TV Wildlife Shows" card with the caption "This
crocodile is not  sufficiently enraged yet, so I'm going to poke it with
this stick…")

Jon (GZG)

> Doug

Goodall