Prev: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: Movement system(s)? was: Re: [FT] Quiet in here, isn't it. Next: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: Movement system(s)? was: Re: [FT] Quiet in here, isn't it.

Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: Movement system(s)? was: Re: [FT] Quiet in here, isn't it.

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 07:05:21 -0400
Subject: Re: FT3 DEVELOPMENT QUESTION: Movement system(s)? was: Re: [FT] Quiet in here, isn't it.

Hi Jon,

Well, you know me, more or less.  ;-)	 I use primarily the cinematic
movement rules, though I'll use the vector rules when someone runs a
game
using them. While it's not Newtonian, cinematic comes more intuitive to
me.
(maybe because that's what I've been playing since '94 ;-) ).  I have
not
delved far into the various fan-based rules sets out there (Continuum,
Warlord, et al), tending to use the FB version of the rules when I get
some
FT time in, which is two or three times a year right now with everything
else going on.

Mk

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 6:43 AM, Jon Tuffley <jon@gzg.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> OK, so let's get the ball rolling and get folks talking about things
that
> may be useful contributions towards the (eventual) publication of FT3
(FT
> Third Edition)!
>
> First, a small disclaimer: I realise that this is essentially an open
and
> public list, BUT that notwithstanding, I'd ask you all to please limit
> discussions of FT3 to this list, and not to re-post things about it
> anywhere else - at least for the time being. When I get to the stage
of
> actual firm concepts for testing then I will be looking to set up a
small
> closed group to discuss things in more depth, with NDAs and such where
> appropriate. For now, this will be a general discussion between those
of us
> on this list who are still interested!
>
> Right, so my first question to you all: MOVEMENT SYSTEM(S) IN FT?
>
> What Movement System do you use, or have you used in the past when
you've
> been actively playing FT? Just the basic Cinematic movement? One of
the
> Vector options, and if so which one(s)? Which do you prefer, and why?
> Have you modified any of the published (officially or fan-done)
systems to