Prev: Re: Crusty Ship Codenames Next: Re: Crusty Ship Codenames

Re: Crusty Ship Codenames

From: Roger Bell_West <roger@f...>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 14:24:29 +0000
Subject: Re: Crusty Ship Codenames

On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 08:29:44PM -0600, Star Ranger wrote:
>I'd encourage the list to suggest some names, it might get some traffic

>going here again.

If you want to model the codenames on the NATO style, then syllable
count is significant. Typically a one-syllable name would be a smaller
or less powerful vessel, so it's unfortunate that the Catfish and
Crake are canonically that way round. Also you'd want to avoid
three-syllable names completely, or reserve them for the very biggest
ships.

(Dean, we can argue about how many syllables "Coyote" has, but I think
it's three. :-)

Prev: Re: Crusty Ship Codenames Next: Re: Crusty Ship Codenames