Prev: Re: SG:AC discussions (was: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!) Next: [CON] Call for Events - GZG East Coast Convention XVIII

Re: SG:AC discussions (was: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!)

From: Damond Walker <damosan@g...>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 19:04:30 -0400
Subject: Re: SG:AC discussions (was: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!)

I have talked to a few folks who tried TW and they went back to SG2.
You
have a bit more fidelity in SG2 than you have in TW.  TW works but SG2
works better IMHO.

There was a comment about SG2 croaking at a certain point.  IMHO, the
games
starts to drag when you have more than four players.  Especially in
con-games where attention gets drawn away easily.

My only *really* negative comment I have regarding SG2 deals with the
alarming number of "1 and N" where N="Max Die Result of the Highest Die
Type Rolled" results that I get.  Yes.	Logically I know this is a
frustrating variant of "Indy's 1" and cannot be fixed with the mechanics
as
printed.  But if you can I'd appreciate a fix to the former while
leaving
the latter alone.

Other than that I will echo other postings about the vehicle combat
system
in SG2.  I know what you were going for when you wrote the rules but
over
the years I've seen a LARGE number of destroyed wrecks on the table and
they tend to occur turn 1 or 2 for some reason.  You either kill them
outright or nothing happens.  I've seen a number of GM's throwing the
"WTF
just happened" glare when you smoke the opponents heavy vehicles turn
one...

I'm partial to everything in DS except for the chit draw and infantry
mechanics (which you already said are present to give the tankers fun
instead of nervous fits).  A flanking rule would be appreciated ala
Spearhead or any other number of games that allow folks to bring in some
forces at the side of the table.  I've tried the telescoping time DS
variant and it doesn't make sense in the least.

I would also like to see the new set be scale agnostic.

D.