Prev: Re: SG:AC discussions (was: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!) Next: Re: SG:AC discussions (was: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!)

Re: SG:AC discussions (was: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!)

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 08:13:31 -0400
Subject: Re: SG:AC discussions (was: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!)

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 12:49 PM, Seamus <fomorianwolf@gmail.com> wrote:

> textfilter: chose text/plain from a multipart/alternative
>
> On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 12:29 PM, Samuel Penn <sam@glendale.org.uk>
wrote:

> > We've had battles (using 25mm) with 3-4 platoons a side, including
> vehicle
> platoons. The only problem was that I seem to recall damage
> > against vehicles was very random - you could take one out in a
single
> hit,
> or it could survive lots of hits unscathed.
>
> Thanks for the input! The more feedback we get will help. :)
>
> What do you think contributed to this problem? (Was it the opposed
armor
> rolls, for example?)
>
> It's been a while and my memory is a bit hazy, but IIRC with about two
> opposed companies on the table, the game can get bogged down
> in opposed rolls; weapons-fire results and morale tests.
>
> The alternate fire resolution method that I linked earlier helps a
bit,
> though I'm sure it's not everyone's preference.
>
> Does anyone else have any experience or suggestions?

It's been too darn long since I last played a game of SGII.  :-/   So I
can't really give any contributing data points.

I do hold, though, that a company-level game would be a nice one to
have.
I've been playing Tomorrow's War a fair bit in recent years, but that's
still platoon/squad level (I do like their vehicle combat rules, though
some of the guys who I play TW with don't; <shrug>)

Mk