Prev: SG:AC discussions (was: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!) Next: Re: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!

Re: SG:AC discussions (was: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!)

From: Seamus <fomorianwolf@g...>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 20:33:59 -0400
Subject: Re: SG:AC discussions (was: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!)

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 12:07 PM, Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com> wrote:
> On the subject of groundscale, the sort of thing I'm
> thinking of for SG:AC is 1mm = 1 metre, which
> conveniently converts (near enough for Government work)
> to 1" = 25 metres. Thus 4" (100mm) = 100 metres.
> To me, that just feels kind of "right" for 15mm
> figures, allowing for reasonable length infantry moves
> while also accommodating modern/SciFi weapons ranges
> too.

> That fits nicely between to the DSII recommended
> groundscale of 1" = 100 metres and the SGII one of
> 1" = 10 metres.
>
> Jon (GZG

I agree with the idea of ground scale, and I would be very happy to see
version of Stargrunt with a more balanced mix of infantry and vehicles-
preferably without vehicles being *too* fragile.

I've read in several places that the EW rules in SG2 could use an
overhaul,
but I haven't experienced the problems firsthand.

> What do YOU want out of a 15mm SciFi ruleset?

I think there's a lot that SG2 does right, though perhaps it could be
streamlined a bit. I'm a fan of Allan Goodall's alternate armor rules:
http://www.hyperbear.com/sg2/sg2-house-rules-quick-dirty-fire.html

Currently, the SG2 rules collapse with anything more than about 3 squads
per side. What would be the best ways to address this issue?

--
You itch! Of COURSE you itch! We ALL itch! Now, shut up and get some
sleep.