Prev: Re: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES! Next: Re: SG:AC discussions (was: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!)

SG:AC discussions (was: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!)

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 17:07:55 +0100
Subject: SG:AC discussions (was: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!)

>textfilter: chose text/plain from a multipart/alternative
>
>Oh, come on, DS can be played in 15! I've done it. You just need an
entire
>room/floor...	:-)
>
>Mk

And there I was, thinking that the trend was for smaller tables....
(a lot of skirmish games these days seem to make a big feature of the
fact that you only need a 4' x 4' table, and for some of them as
little as 2' x 2').  ;-)

On the subject of groundscale, the sort of thing I'm thinking of for
SG:AC is 1mm = 1 metre, which conveniently converts (near enough for
Government work) to 1" = 25 metres. Thus 4" (100mm) = 100 metres.
To me, that just feels kind of "right" for 15mm figures, allowing for
reasonable length infantry moves while also accommodating
modern/SciFi weapons ranges too.

That fits nicely between to the DSII recommended groundscale of 1" =
100 metres and the SGII one of 1" = 10 metres.

Jon (GZG)

PS: I've changed the thread title to something that better reflects
what we're now discussing.....

PPS: please, everyone, feel free to chip in on this discussion! Any
thoughts, opinions etc are potentially useful. You never know, it
just MIGHT start getting me inspired about rules again (which is
something that has been sorely lacking for some time now....).

What do YOU want out of a 15mm SciFi ruleset?