Prev: Re: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES! Next: Re: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!

Re: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 15:00:13 +0100
Subject: Re: Official - More re GZG news update - NEW RELEASES!

>On Saturday 13 Sep 2014 14:10:11 Ground Zero Games wrote:
>>  > [...snip ideas on artillery...]
>>  Yes, I always thought it was quite a good way of doing it... for the
>>  minis manufacturer it has the advantage that players have to
actually
>>  have physical minis of their off-table assets, rather than just
>>  having them represented on paper or by an "asset card"; it also
means
>>  that things like counter-battery fire can be performed on the actual
>>  minis using the same rules as on-table artillery strikes, rather
than
>>  being handled in some abstract manner.
>
>Sorry to bring Dirtside into it again, but isn't this how it is done in
>Dirtside? At least, that's how we always played it.
>
>Just checked the rules... and yes, it's in the Dirtside rules.

You're probably right, Sam - just shows how long it is since I last
read through DSII....  ;-)

Oh well, that just shows where I pinched the idea from in the first
place!	:-)

>It really does sound like you want a Dirtside III, with some extra
>rules to make infantry a bit more useful. But then, I'm not a fan
>of 15mm, so I'm maybe looking at things through a different lens.

DS has always been, and will remain, a 6mm (1/300) system that is
primarily armour-centric with infantry being little more than
"crunchies" under the treads. SG was an infantry-centric game with
(maybe) a few supporting AFVs. I suppose what I'm thinking of for
SG:AC is somewhere in the middle, both in terms of figure scale and
in how it treats both infantry and armour units.

Jon (GZG)