Prev: Re: SFB-type shields in FT Next: RE: SFB-type shields in FT

Re: SFB-type shields in FT

From: Damond Walker <damosan@g...>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 07:07:26 -0500
Subject: Re: SFB-type shields in FT

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 6:24 AM, Phillip Atcliffe
<atcliffe@ntlworld.com>wrote:

> On 02/01/2014 08:28, Hugh Fisher wrote:

I think you've sort of answered the question yourself. People _like_ FT.
> It's simple, adaptable and fun.

That's what attracted me to FT in the beginning.  I came from the likes
of
SFB so FT was refreshing.  Using SFB a small task force battle would
take
10+ hours (8 people sitting around a table with two ships per player).
The
same battle using FT was, of course, much faster.  Allowing us to play
two
(or more) games in the same amount of time.

There is still a place for games that allow for highly detailed one on
one
duels -- anyone have any pointers to newer rulesets that allow for such
games?

D.

Prev: Re: SFB-type shields in FT Next: RE: SFB-type shields in FT