Prev: RE: D8 Galactic Derelict rules from ECC XV Next: Official - GZG NEW RELEASES!

Re: D8 Galactic Derelict rules from ECC XV

From: John Lerchey <lerchey@g...>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 20:50:42 -0400
Subject: Re: D8 Galactic Derelict rules from ECC XV

Hey Doug,

No worries about leaving out some parts.  I do it all the time.  You
don't always really have time/mental energy to respond to everything.
:)  Just in case you want to try to adapt parts of D8GD to a broader
scope, I'll try to get a sheet done with the larger marro.  I did
write up the Marrden Hounds and Marrden Grubs.	I love the Marrded
Grub minis. :)

Bummer about your grandson being far away.  I had to fight hard for
years to get custody of my son.  I still can't get custody of my
daughter - she has Cerebral Palsy (she goes to school with other kids
her age, but has mobility issues) and no judge in the US is going to
pull her from mom no matter how screwed up (IMHO) mom is.   But I have
my son, and that's a huge win.	And he has a ton of heroscape stuff.
That's cool for me as well as it's  not a bad little game if you make
a few tweaks.  We don't use their sighting and targeting rules 'cause
they're way too "toy soldier" for us.  I've read about tricks where
you can use some units with long weapons and place them such that
other units cannot get into an adjacent hex, and thus they cannot be
attacked in melee.  Sorry, but that kind of cheese is stinky.

We've used some custom units as well.  I got him a Mecha-Godzilla and
wrote up a card for it.  It's nasty, but a lot of fun.

Oh, I also bought up some Marro for myself.  A bunch of diviiders,
some drones and a few ne-bok-sa (or whatever his name is from the
first master set - the one with the big armored arm spike) and made
them into a Bloodbowl Khemri team.  I little bit of conversion,
repaints in marro colors, rebase and done.  I really like how they
turned out.  Sadly, no one left around here to play BB with, so I
haven't been able to use them yet.  Oh well.

Oh, and I did take a quick look at some of the psycher rules.  I can
emulated a lot of them for D8GD - in fact, some of the marro powers
are already written in to be pretty close to psycher versions of
similar things.  Just not sure how much of it I think will add to the
game.  I'll think about it a bit more for an expansion.  :)

Later,

John Lerchey
Thinker of thinks,
Doer of little,
Dreamer of dreams.
Or maybe I'm just lazy.

Prev: RE: D8 Galactic Derelict rules from ECC XV Next: Official - GZG NEW RELEASES!