Prev: Re: Full Thrust: German Style Next: Re: Alternate Pulsers and Classed Pulse Torps and other items

Re: Alternate Pulsers and Classed Pulse Torps and other items

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 11:01:15 -0500
Subject: Re: Alternate Pulsers and Classed Pulse Torps and other items

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 2:34 AM, Tom B <kaladorn@gmail.com> wrote:

> Item II)
> Classed PT Launcher from the WDA (top item)
> http://nift.firedrake.org/weapons/WDA-Torps.htm

Noam will be pleased someone is looking/using the page.  :-)

> Item IV)
> Core Systems
>
> Hugh, did I miss something on core systems?
> 3 systems, check on the first threshold on a 6, second on a 5, etc.
> I expect to lose (statistically):
> First threshold: 0.50 core systems
> Second threshold: 1.00 core systems
> Third threshold: 1.5 core systems
> Fourth threshold: 2.0 core systems
>
> So, I could well lose a core that kills my ship 50% of the time on the
> first threshold. On the second, I am likely to take a core. Not sure
> how that translates to not 'rare' in your mind (though I could have
> missed something).

IIRC core systems are not hit on the first threshold check, but on the
second. So would/should be more rare.

I could be recalling incorrectly, though.

Not that I use the core systems as described in FT2.5. I have used
substitute core systems that a friend of mine came up with WAY back when
FT2.5 was being first worked on. Said core hits were less catastrophic
than
the FT ones, but crippled you in different ways that you had to figure
out
how to overcome (e.g., a ship communications hit meant you had to plot
two
turns in advance)

Mk

Prev: Re: Full Thrust: German Style Next: Re: Alternate Pulsers and Classed Pulse Torps and other items