Prev: Missile Arrays Next: Re: GEOHEX Terrain

Alternate Pulsers and Classed Pulse Torps and other items

From: Tom B <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 20:31:53 -0500
Subject: Alternate Pulsers and Classed Pulse Torps and other items

Item I:

What would I need to change cost wise to balance a pulser whose die
pools
were 4/3/2 rather than 6/2/1?

I considered the above for Goa'uld ships. The regular pulsers gave them
too
much firepower close in but not enough in the long band.

Item II:

Is there any reason that a 'Classed Pulse Torp' could not be fired as
three
seperate PT's (rather than one to hit roll), only being one system for
threshold/repair? A Class-3 PT is a very swingy weapon if everything
hinges
on one die.

I was using these to simulate Asgard Beams (Heavy Beams were too heavy
for
small capacitor pools because of the per-arc mass and cost of projectors
compared to a 180 degree class 3 PT). I think in the beam case, having 3
dice and rolling them (for a Class-3 Asgard Beam) would simulate the
possibility of grazing hits. It means average damage won't change, but
the
odds of getting no damage go down a lot as do the odds of getting really
hideous damage.

I'm curious if such a change would change the value... I think not. I
think
it probably is worth exactly the same, just is less unpredictable.

Item III:

What sort of points adjustment is sensible for ships using Strike The
Colours? I like this from a perspective of 'mission motivation' (and
probably high or low motivation might affect this).

Item IV:

What sort of points adjustment is sensible for ships using Core Systems?
It
seems to me this question is especially relevant if two fleets have
differing hull row counts since the likelihood of getting cored out of
the
game in a 5-hull-row ship is pretty high and likely far earlier.

Item V:

Can you technically have a negative speed in cinematic movement? (I
assumed
so since I can MD -X as an order and that could push me below zero, but
could be mistaken)

Prev: Missile Arrays Next: Re: GEOHEX Terrain