Prev: Re: PDS and fighters Next: Re: PDS and fighters

Re: PDS and fighters

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 20:02:29 +0000
Subject: Re: PDS and fighters

>textfilter: chose text/plain from a multipart/alternative
>
>So how does the range band reduction work for smaller ships? Do you
>get to hit larger ships at long range and smaller ships get the
>equivalent of stealth to reduce the effective range of weapons as
>their smaller energy signature makes them harder to lock onto?

My quick-and-dirty solution for the proposed draft is very simple:
for all vehicles defined as "Small Craft", such as fighters,
shuttlecraft etc of less than 1 mass each, DOUBLE the actual range to
the target for range band purposes - so a small craft/fighter group
that is at 8mu range would be treated as if at 16mu, thus in the
second band for beam weapons.

Jon (GZG)

FT