Prev: Re: GZG CHRISTMAS SPECIAL OFFERS 2011! Next: Re: GZG CHRISTMAS SPECIAL OFFERS 2011!

Re: GZG CHRISTMAS SPECIAL OFFERS 2011!

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 15:20:23 +0000
Subject: Re: GZG CHRISTMAS SPECIAL OFFERS 2011!

>  >  >"1) All orders for 30 or more of goods at list prices..."
>>>
>>>I'm surprised the 'rules lawyers' haven't jumped in. I'm assuming
neither
>>>30 pieces nor 30 dollars, but 30 UKP. Thirty pounds sterling. Thirty
pieces
>>>of silver... At Xmas...
>>>
>>>Hey, not my religion, not my problem. ;->=
>>>
>>>The_Beast
>>>
>>>PS Yes, archaic terminology, but I AM beastly.
>>

>>That's really, really weird.... the email I sent to the list clearly
>>and definitely had a UK Pound () symbol before each and every
>>price/value - somehow, something in the list has stripped all of them
>>out!
>>
>>It will be interesting to see if the same symbol has survived in this
>>post. Roger, any ideas....?
>>
>>Any of you who are also on the SFSFW mailing list can compare with
>>the copy of the same post I sent to that, which has all the  symbols
>>still there, as does the same cut-and-pasted post on the GZG website.
>>
>>Jon (GZG)
>

>Well, that proves it - there were two POUND symbols in the above post
>(one between the now-empty brackets - oddly it hasn't even left a
>space, just removed the character completely), and they have now gone
>missing too.... Roger, any ideas why the server is doing this?
>
>Just to be on the safe side I'll have to remember to put either GBP
>or UKP in future rather than the symbol, when posting to the list....
>
>Hmmm, I wonder if it does the same with the US dollar symbol? Here
>goes, if there isn't one here then yes, it does: $
>
>Jon (GZG)

Mm. Mysteriouser and mysteriouser, as the saying goes.... the dollar
sign made it through the server intact. Is it US-designed software
that simply doesn't have the UK pound symbol in its character set,
maybe?

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: GZG CHRISTMAS SPECIAL OFFERS 2011! Next: Re: GZG CHRISTMAS SPECIAL OFFERS 2011!