Prev: Re: Discussion topic - rewriting (future) history....? Next: Re: Discussion topic - rewriting (future) history....?

Re: Homework assignment

From: Damond Walker <damosan@g...>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 15:43:51 -0400
Subject: Re: Homework assignment

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 12:51 PM, Tom B <kaladorn@gmail.com> wrote:

> Assignment/Competition:

That's a tall assignment my friend.  If I was to work on changes I'd
probably take the following tired direction:

1) The UN Blues are far (and I mean *FAR*) too effective.  Nowhere in
the fluff does it explain how the Blues actually found a pair of brass
ones.  I'd fix that by reducing their ability to do much other than
wag a nagging finger and point to published "resolutions."

2) I'd bring a more corporate feel to the timeline -- I'd assume
Governments would rely more on the commercial entities to develop
space flight/exploration/exploitation.	I'd have corporate
"misunderstandings" etc.

3) I'd probably keep the alien menace appearing when they do.

4) I'd create entries showing how the major power blocs formed -
probably starting with a row between North Korea and South Korea that
eventually pulls the US and China into it.  Russia would probably hang
back a bit and then come to the aid of the Chinese.  The UK joining up
with the US.  The French do what the French do and the Germans would
eventually own Europe.

5) I'd have the aliens hitting Sol just as they are now but that being
more a function of a poor Human response than UNSC's ability to hold.

D.