Prev: Re: [GZG] Christmas Painting Project Next: Re: [GZG] Christmas Painting Project

Re: [GZG] Christmas Painting Project

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 18:47:28 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Christmas Painting Project

On Sun, Jan 09, 2011 at 01:29:54PM -0500, Tom B wrote:

>Phil - Can I buy a vowel? Care to help me out with a reference to some
>particular books or a TV series? Where's this Lief Ericson (not the
explorer
>from age of dragonboats one assume) come from, or whatever an 'Old Mac'
is,
>or the 'Patton' which I assume is not the corpse of a very dead general
with
>a rocket bolted on....?

Niven and Pournelle were inspired, when writing _The Mote in God's Eye_,
by a plastic model kit - they write of how they allowed the ship design
to determine things about the way the universe worked.

http://www.projectrho.com/SSC/model.html has various pictures and the
Niven/Pournelle description.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Christmas Painting Project Next: Re: [GZG] Christmas Painting Project