Prev: Re: [GZG] Christmas Painting Project Next: Re: [GZG] Christmas Painting Project

Re: [GZG] Christmas Painting Project

From: Tom B <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 13:29:54 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Christmas Painting Project

Atclilffe said:
"Then there's the "retro" fleet,
designed in a similar style to the famous SSC /Leif Ericson/, which I'm
painting up as a Second Empire of Man Imperial fleet (kinda emulating
Niven and Pournelle, who turned the LE into INSS /MacArthur/ -- and yes,
I have an /Old Mac/, plus Jack Cargill's /Patton/); still working out
how to build a Lenin in scale, though -- think I can use model rocket
parts for the nose and main hull, but the tail is a bit more difficult."

Phil - Can I buy a vowel? Care to help me out with a reference to some
particular books or a TV series? Where's this Lief Ericson (not the
explorer
from age of dragonboats one assume) come from, or whatever an 'Old Mac'
is,
or the 'Patton' which I assume is not the corpse of a very dead general
with
a rocket bolted on....?

I mean it's not like these are as familiar to me as the Liberator, the
Millenium Falcon, or the Hot Needle of Inquiry.....

Tom B.

PS - Not much painting, family medical stuff going on. But I have got
some
more 25mm resin coming from Jon and I did get the entire Space 1999 30th
anniversary DVD set that I have to find time to watch.

PPS - Anyone know if anybody makes a 'not Andromeda Ascendant' model?

Prev: Re: [GZG] Christmas Painting Project Next: Re: [GZG] Christmas Painting Project