Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG2] Sights and FCS for infantry Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] Beam batteries as point defense

Re: [GZG] [FT] Beam batteries as point defense

From: Samuel Penn <sam@g...>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 10:22:23 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT] Beam batteries as point defense

On Tuesday 09 November 2010 01:50:21 Eric Foley wrote:
> 3.  Human main beam batteries fire as class 1 beams
> currently do in point defense mode per beam die (i.e. 5 or 6 hits
> for one kill), without rerolls, at 1/2 the normal beam range.

Sorry, I meant to reply to this ages ago and got sidetracked.

One thing that I have been thinking about, is whether this makes
sense to be the other way around? i.e., beam batteries can fire
at fighters at greater than half their range (or possibly, only
at their most extreme range band, which allows B-1s to fire in
PD mode).

My reasoning is that the larger the turret, the less able it will
be to track fast moving targets close to it. However, at longer
ranges it only needs to move a few degrees to track the same
target.

Thoughts?

--
Be seeing you,			       http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.			    Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@glendale.org.uk

Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG2] Sights and FCS for infantry Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] Beam batteries as point defense