Prev: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 37, Issue 24 Next: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 37, Issue 24

Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 37, Issue 24

From: Mr Donald Hosford <donzerme@y...>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 10:07:21 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 37, Issue 24

----- Original Message ----

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com>
To: gzg-l@mail.csua.berkeley.edu
Sent: Thu, September 30, 2010 7:20:42 AM

>On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 03:46:38AM -0700, Robert Makowsky wrote:
>>Solving the overwhelming fighters or overwhelming missiles win
>>problem should be
>>first off.  After that small issues that can be exploited will not
>>have the same
>>effect.
>
>Yes, I agree here. I'm not proposing the "fake campaign" idea as a way
>of making up for rule problems elsewhere. Well, mostly...

I liked the "idea" of a "feel" of a larger conflict than was on the
table.
Like introduce just a few rolls...

<snippage>

>In fact one might suggest a separate point system - in a campaign game,
>a missile ship should be substantially cheaper than in a tactical
>game...

IMHO I think the point system is complex enough...I still have
reservations of
the "hull cost adjustments" formula.
In my game designs (none published), I feel that the rules should be
compartmentalized.
The build rules shouldn't care how the ship plays, the tactical
situation, the
opposing fleet makeup, table size, etc.
It should just focus on point costing every advantage/disadvantage.  I
think the
present one does an excellent job.

<snippage>

If folks bring ordnance-heavy ships and want them at fully supplied
at the start of the game, make them pay for suitable fleet munitions
tenders as part of their force; if they choose NOT to do this, then
all ordnance-carrying ships have only a random % of their standard
loadouts to represent ordnance already expended in earlier
engagements....?

Jon (GZG)

I like this.  Work out some simple dice roll, so the players can quickly
check
each ship during setup.
And it gives another reason to get those transports on the table.

Donald Hosford

Prev: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 37, Issue 24 Next: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 37, Issue 24