Prev: Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes Next: Re: [GZG] [sg2] Monstrous Creatures

[GZG] And a rude segue Re: Game designer Charles S Roberts passes

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 08:32:48 -0500
Subject: [GZG] And a rude segue Re: Game designer Charles S Roberts passes

I didn't see much value in the most of the non-wargames that were
considered mass-market. Also, Outdoor Survival was pretty much decried
except for use by the RPG crowd for wilderness adventures.

There were gems, and there were also rans. However, SPI's pressure of a
game a month meant that it tended to push the envelope, and as we all
know,
the envelope often pushes back.

However, we seemed to forgive the stinkers when the occasional
unexpected
new vision was worth sharing.

And for the recorded, I actually enjoyed Kriegspiel on occasion. I
respect
a game that treats me as dumb as I am without rubbing my nose in it

Speaking of which, where's FTIII?

The_Beast

From:	Ken Hall <khall39@yahoo.com>
To:	gzg-l@mail.csua.berkeley.edu
Date:	09/04/2010 08:43 PM
Subject:	Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes
Sent by:	gzg-l-bounces@mail.csua.berkeley.edu

 Kriegspiel was kind of a clunker.

 Best,

 Ken

 --- On Sat, 9/4/10, Allan Goodall <agoodall@hyperbear.com> wrote:

  (snip)

  They had quite a few excellent in-house games. I believe Up Front was
an AH in-house game, and one of the best
  they ever created. It presaged more modern wargames in many way. Did
they ever have a real clunker? Other than
  Powers and Perils, I mean...

  --

  Allan Goodall 	   http://www.hyperbear.com

  awgoodall@gmail.com

  agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes Next: Re: [GZG] [sg2] Monstrous Creatures