Prev: Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes Next: Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes

Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 20:03:44 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes

>  Was it that well-received? From memory of an article in *Moves*, SPI
> didn't seem to think so at the time.

I don't know if I still have my old S&Ts from that era. I don't think
so.
But I seem to remember that it scored fairly well on their feedback
reviews.
(That was something I thought was excellent: SPI had feedback cards with
their magazines, asking questions about the magazine, the game in the
mag,
and recent games.)

I may be remembering wrong, which is entirely possible. We're talking
between 30 and 40 years ago. Also, when F&P came out, I don't think
there
were any other jet fighter games on the market.

> JD Webster neatly split the difference in scale with *Air Superiority*
and
> came up with new mechanics for an air game that made playing both
easier and
> much more fun; they also translated well, with a change of scale, to
WW2 in
> the *Fighting Wings* series.

I kept hearing that Air Superiority was good, but i never got a chance
play it.

It came out a bit later, didn't it? I remember it being for sale at
Imperiums to Order, which would have been the early to mid 80s.

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
awgoodall@gmail.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes Next: Re: [GZG] Game designer Charles S Roberts passes