Prev: [GZG] [FT] Campaigns battle generation Next: [GZG] SG:AC

Re: [GZG] [FT] Campaigns battle generation

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@x...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:09:52 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT] Campaigns battle generation

gaming group the campaign is a mechanism to enable battles to be fought
with some meaning other than simply line up and smash each other.
Designing a campaign system where you don't play table top games seems
counter intuitative to me. You have then created a space board game.

Blocking enemy lines of advance and pinning down supply line raiders
leads to a number of possibly one sided games. We found these games
generaly very quick with one side trying to escape and either making it
or not. So players could go through a lot of such games.
Sometimes players would negotiate the defeat or escape of one side
without needing to play.

Sometimes people got a surprise when a supposedly out manouvered enemey
got the drop on them.

The number of battles available is proportional to the number of points
people control. if players have ~3500 points when they start and 4
different fronts 750 points per front doesn't go very far so you don't
have many ships and so many battles.

John