Prev: Re: [GZG] Language Use - was Re: GZG official news - we've moved premises! Next: [GZG] [OT] Re: Ginger

[GZG] Language..

From: Bob Blanchett <bob.blanchett@i...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 18:05:49 +1000
Subject: [GZG] Language..

oh such fun.

Years ago I had to submit a system crash dump to Hewlett Packard and I
had to speak to an Engineer in Atlanta.
now I'm an Aussie with a relatively neutral accent as far as things
go, but it was hilarious.. I had to ask him four times for his name.

The poor blokes name was "Sam" but as the accent goes down south he
pronounced it "Thay-am" in a looong drawl.
I had to get him to Thpell it for me as he dead-set thounded like he'd
had major dental Thurgery.

Another friend of mine was lost in LA for hours looking for a street
sign that pointed to "Frontage Street"..(parallel lanes separated by
traffic islands/median strips.. we call them varying names here.. slip
lanes,side lanes)

---
Robert Blanchett
+61 (0)403 911 552

Prev: Re: [GZG] Language Use - was Re: GZG official news - we've moved premises! Next: [GZG] [OT] Re: Ginger